Friday, December 29, 2006

Peeves...

Now really, I should be sympathizing with the victims of the Taiwan earthquake instead of being pissed that I can't download my animes and mangas... RARRRRR!!! Huh. Oh yeah, I didn't abandon blogger either. I have been trying to POST UP PICTURES using their picture tool, but I seem to have problems doing so. Therefore, there will be no pictures for the time being. RARRRRR!!!

I should also be sympathizing with the victims of the flood (my aunt being one) but I can't help feeling slightly disappointed that I was not able to go to Singapore for Christmas because the train tracks looked like a roller coaster's track due to the flood. RAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!! Also, another thing that irritated me is the way KTM informed their clients about the train schedule. I was supposed to leave on Friday night ON A FIRST CLASS COACH (my first time), but it was announced the night before that the train schedule for that night had been cancelled (obviously, I was upset, but it can't be helped). However, the next morning at 8.00am, I was VERY SURE that I saw the notice stating that the Friday night train will resume. So I was happy once again. But at work, in the afternoon, when I checked the website, the notice was GONE. Disappeared. So I was worried. However, my colleague informed me that The Star website said that the afternoon trains were running and the night train will probably be on (slightly happy, but worried as well).

And then, when I reached home and checked their website again, there was a new notice posted at 6.00 p.m. saying that the train schedules until the next day have been cancelled (totally upset at this point). My uncle at Singapore insisted on me calling them because SINGAPORE received the news that the trains will be coming in. So I called and confirm. I was told that there will be no train for that night and the next day. So that was it.

My mom and I went to KL Sentral to get our refund and we saw travellers there with luggages and all, only to be told that the train wont' be going down south that night. Imagine how disappointed they must have been. At least I was mentally prepared. Anyway, with that kind of flood, if the train WAS going down south, I probably won't be able to sleep at all, wondering when the train will topple to one side, or if it rains heavily suddenly and we'll get stranded in the middle of nowhere...Next morning, they showed a picture of the train tracks which looked rather...curvy. Interesting. It would have been a really nice, long and slow roller coaster ride to Singapore if we were to leave that night.

THE POINT IS, do not lead people on like that. One moment saying that the train has resumed, next moment saying that it has been cancelled. It was really troublesome and pissing off.

So, as a result, I missed one of the best Xmas eve dinner (with chocolate log cake from the mariott hotel T_T) and probably one of the best climate flower exhibition at Suntec Convention Centre. Again, I understand that it's all due to the flood, and should not be upset about it as there are more unfortunate people out there. But then again, I'm only human, and I can't help feeling slightly disappointed.

Now, to make my year end even more interesting, I have managed to BREAK MY OFFICE TOILET BOWL's FLUSH HANDLE. Don't ask me how. I was just using it normally. I still couldn't help grinning sheepishly as I told my boss that. I hope I won't be breaking anything before the year ends. That shouldn't be difficult right? It's only three days away...

Oh yeah, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

You broke the the toilet's flush handle? Haiyoh, this is why you should just forget to flush next time. And leave the toilet seat up.

(Disclaimer: This is bad advice.)

Also, you have a power grip that could do that much damage? In that case, you'd better keep your hands off my 'handle', you naughty thing.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Hah. Btw, I do leave the toilet seat up.

If you want your handle broken, just gimme a call anytime, I'll gladly do it. As a bonus, I'll crush it and feed it to the dogs as well.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Eng said...

If you wanted to go Singapore so much, why didn't you just get a bus or drive there yourself... since a colleague of mine were there by bus for Christmas count down and another had a friend drove there for a holiday...

perhaps you could have tried some other alternative... so no point whining about it now I guess...

and boy you must'd forced the handle really hard to break it... what have you been doing with your arms? working out till it gets as huge as an elephant's leg?

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is to tell you that your cousin Fanny is married?
hydrocodone

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Eng: You think I'm the only one who thought of taking alternative transport to Singapore? When I was at KL Sentral, there was this family saying "nevermindlah, take expensive bus lah". My mom snorted. As if they can get any tickets at that time. My aunt who was stranded a few days before had difficulty searching for alternative transport. In the end, she managed to find a bus at an ulu place and she only reached there at 4.00am. Please remember that it is the festive season.

Due to the flood, since many other "smarter" ppl tan me took alternative transportation, well, the jam to Singapore was horrible, even in the wee hours of the morning.

Drive there myself? I don't have my own car. Try telling my dad that I'm to drive to Singapore myself. HAHA -_- what a joke.

I did say that I'm disappointed, but that does not mean that I desperately wanted to go there, to the extent where I will actually sneak out of the house, steal the car and cabut off... *shrugs* no biggie. I'll go there for CNY.

Heh...I ain't got no cousin called Fanny...

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

LOl..I guess its better to go when there is less chaos around. Nvm la... u often go to sg ma, hehe.. wait for the next trip lo

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Yeah, sadly, there won't be the climatic flower exhibition there the next time I go, I think. Hopefully they'll have something as interesting then.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Eng said...

yaya... Steph, you should try sneak out of your house one day with the car and drive to Sg on your own...

it should be ok wat... since you've driven to Malacca before.

:P

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Not alone. I was seriously tempted to do it, but, well, I don't want to be disowned -_-.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

Broke ur toilet flush? O_O I hope you dont bring ur anger to your friends. XD I dont want you to break my arms or my friends arms.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Eng said...

everyone pls run away from Steph... she's gonna break everyone..


Help!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home