Friday, December 15, 2006

Butter Cake

Not satisfied with the SALTED butter cookies I made before my exam, I decided to bake a butter cake this time.

Ingredients:
125 g butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 cup of castor sugar
2 eggs
2/3 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup plain flour
2 tablespoons milk

The instructions were originally for a convection microwave oven. Since I was using a roaster oven (small little thing) I had to re-adjust several steps.

For microwave oven:
1. Preheat oven to 160C
2. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin
3. Cream butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy
4. Add eggs one at a time and beat well
5. Stir in half the sifted flour with half the milk
6. Spread mixture in prepared tin. Place on Low Rack. Bake for 17 minutes on Low MIX/BAKE 160C

For roaster oven:
Steps are almost the same. Time taken to bake differs a lot, however. It took me almost 50 minutes to bake it. Also, the heat has to be adjusted accordingly. After a while, probably 30 minutes, the bottom heating element had to be turned off, leaving only the top heated.

Cubes of butter

Butter

Add vanilla

Add castor sugar

Beat the eggs in

Mix the sifted flour

Stir the milk in.

Bake :D

TA-DA! Wah, the scar is bigger than Kakashi's one (character in the anime, Naruto).


If you like the compact type of butter cake, then this is for you. If you want, you can add more butter...to me it was alright, but sister told me that I didn't use enough butter, dad told me that I used too much butter...ah well, adjust it to suit your taste.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home