Monday, October 16, 2006

The Many Celebrations of Steffi's 23rd Birthday

As some of you probably knew (or didn't), my birthday was on a Thursday, which is one of my busier days. So I thought of celebrating it later. However, my mom told me that the Chinese believe that birthdays can be celebrated earlier or on the day itself but not later. So we were supposed to have birthday dinner on that day, a kind of mini celebration.

I have to admit that it didn't start off too well. First thing in the morning, I discovered that my handphone wasn't receiving messages although it did not indicate that the message box was full. Secondly, I found myself and a worm who decided to make a home in the guava that I was eating staring at each other before I just let my jaw drop open (and the piece of guava I was chewing dropped out onto the table)made a dash to the washroom (that was probably the fastest record, luckily the glass door didn't shatter) and started gargling my mouth for a good minute. I felt as though as I was going to lose my lunch. There goes one juicy sweet guava.

And then, I was told twice that my B-day dinner was canceled because my relatives from Johor came down unexpectedly (not because of my birthday). So instead, I had food from home for dinner before scooting off to my dance school for my Latin dance class. Right after dance class, I went to my uncle's house to celebrate with my paternal grandmother and aunts who came down from Kluang, Johor.


Birthday Cake, bought from Angel Cake House which I got to sample a bit. Tasted good.


Since it was an impromptu birthday celebration, we had lots of fruits instead of food. It was like a fruit festival..Mmmmm...

So the next day, mom took me to Jack's Place to replace the dinner I was supposed to have the night before.


We went to Jack's Place at One Utama. Jack's Place originated from Singapore.


Potato in Jacket with cream and bits of bacon. I didn't get to eat that T_T


Next time, I must remember to take picture BEFORE eating...


Main course: Seafood Combo consisting of grilled mussels, fried oysters and grilled fish which was already in my stomach.


Seafood salad. There were calamari rings, prawns, tuna, scallop, real crabmeat as well fake crabmeat, most of which were in my tummy already.

The next celebration was held at Dave's Pizza Pasta and Vino at One Utama, this time, all family members were present (Dad, mom and sis). Initially, we wanted to eat at TGIF. However, since it's puasa time, all eateries were full. The waiting list was long. After searching around, we found a non halal place where we DIDN"T have to queue to be seated.


The counter.

My sister and I ordered a RM40.00++ dinner set.


It comes with a glass of red wine, salad, pumpkin soup...


Pork lagsana as main course and...


Apple crumble pie as dessert

Mom had mixed seafood in bechamel sauce (can't remember the name of the dish) which consisted of calamari rings, fish (dunno what fish), mussels, lala and prawns. REALLY mouthwatering! Dad on the other hand had steak. It was sooooooooooooo good! I recommend this place to people who don't mind paying more than RM40++ for a dish.


End of a really good meal

Surprise of the day...

When I got home, I saw a postcard on my hall table.



A postcard from Lay Theng! Posted from Piazza di San Pietro, Rome, Italy. Thanks a lot, Lay Theng! *HUGS*

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

Mmm... I feel hungry just looking at the pics, hehe

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lay theng! whats she doing there.. *jealous*

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Eng said...

wah... food looks delicious... but a little pricey though.

and what is LT doing in Rome? Holiday or work?

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

LT was there for training. She did tour Italy on her own after that.

Eng: Yeah, the food was pricey, no doubt about that, but it was worth the money spent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home