Monday, April 16, 2007

China Part 1: China, here I come...

4/4/2007, 9.00 p.m.

At long last, I could say for sure that I have finally packed all my luggages. Nothing left out, hopefully. Including my bolster...

4/4/2007, 9.15 p.m.

Mom finally told me that we will be leaving, after I have settled down comfortably in front of the computer to read fanfiction. What?! She was the one who wanted to leave only after watching Princess Hours. Though she told me to be prepared to go, she actually sat down and watched until the show ended. Haih.

4/4/2007, 10.30 p.m.

Reached KLIA. Was an hour early, so we walked around & checked the shops out. Finally, the much-searched-for tour guide called us to group up. For a moment, we thought the tour guide was the old man walking in front of us...was disappointed, until we realized that our guide was this above average looking young guy (he said he's my age)...HAPPY SIAL...nyehehehehehe...

5/4/2007, 12.00 a.m.

Head to aeroplane. Took Aerotrain from Gate C13. Feels as though as I'm in those sci-fi movie, with all those walkways and gates (not to mention the numerous security checkpoints).

5/4/2007, approx. 1.00 a.m.

In plane. Concluded that MAS & SIA stewardesses are prettier and slimmer...The aeroplane I'm sitting in is a small Airbus, three seats each side but more spacious than the Air Asia I took to Langkawi earlier this year. Seems to be more powerful too. The plane didn't have to stop to rev up the engine before taking off. The lifting off was quite smooth, didn't feel sick at all, don't need travel sickness medicine. I looked out of the window and saw what I assume to be Putrajaya...It's so cute to see the city from above, everthing's so small, the city looked like a miniature life model. Could even see the ambulance (I think) from above. Really a beautiful sight.

One disadvantage about the seats in this plane is that it can't be pushed back to sleeping position. Meaning, you have to sleep sitting up. I thought I could do that. Well, I thought wrong. After a while I just squeezed myself into two seats, curled up like a cat. Oh yeah, the air stewardess. Don't piss her off. Not a good idea. Don't ask her to repeat her words. Not a good idea too. Better listen to her words, coz if you don't...well, you can take the risk if you want to.

5/4/2007, 5.30 a.m.

Looked out of the window and saw this...

It was that bright at this time ABOVE the clouds. When we landed, the day looked gloomy. Being a first timer in a four-seasoned country, this naive idiot thought of going down the plane without donning on her coat. Thankfully, her travel-experienced mama insisted forcefully that she should and MUST wear her trenchcoat, since she has low tolerance for cold.

She ain't kidding when she said it's gonna be cold >.< 9 degrees celcius...first time experiencing it. I ran into the bus. The trenchcoat wasn't enough...haha...

Finally, I'm in China. How did I feel? Believe it or not, I actually felt nervous. Apprehensive. Excited of course.

This, is the plane I took there:

China Eastern, Flight MU 0540, seems to be a major airlines at the Pudong airport.

Until the next post...zai jian!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Eng said...

hurray.. finally a post from Steph... after god knows how long.

talk about those Chinese flight attendents, I haven't noticed a young and pretty one when I was there... they were all just ok...

maybe due to the common flying, their face looked to be aging.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

Maybe its the stress putting up with the customers that makes them look old, haha..

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

I believe all flight attendants, regardless of which airlines they belong to, go throught the same stress.

But I have to say that there were a few who were nicer, especially on my flight back home to M'sia.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Eng said...

you were so detailed on your flight there...

looks like it's gonna take a while before you complete all your 8 days of stories there... XD

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

Haha, welcome back, Steffi! :D Yeah, you DO talk a lot about the flight... but, heck, if you were me, you'd have already mastered the art of sleeping like a curled up cat.

...

...actually, I learned that technique when I was at the mosque for Friday prayers...

Let's hear more about China!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger ashes said...

i saw pun mentioning somethin abt steff-china-toilets in her blog..

i wanna hear more about them..:D

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Eng said...

I think they are just refering to the public toilets w/o doors in China. Despite the vastly improvements and developments, it's still a problem over there... esp the sub-urban and the outskirts.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger YSLim said...

9 degrees celcius.....our air-con only the max at 16....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home