Thursday, April 19, 2007

China Part 3: Signages in China that make you smile...

Or tilt your head in puzzlement. I'm not implying that all Malaysians have good command of English, but some of these signs were so cute, I couldn't help taking pictures of them.


"Don't disturb the growing grass"
I had the urge to take a stick and poke the grass just to "disturb" them.


"Please take care of these plants"
I think I'll look odd watering the plants in the park with a huge watering can. Besides, my mom would be mad at me for taking care of other people's plants instead of ours back at home.


"CCB - China Construction Bank"
There's nothing wrong with the sign, really. There's just something wrong with our dirty minds. *hint-CCB-hint*:D


"Wind the step. Don't drop it"
I think it was supposed to be "Mind the step. Don't trip" Funnily enough, it was located near the gents and ladies. So, guys? Don't drop IT, yah? HEHE!


"Stopping here"
Yep. I'm stopping here. Ain't going no where...


"No touch"
This signboard follows the KISS principle. Simple and clear. No touch, ah!


"Please make up room"
With Shiseido cosmetics please. L'oreal's acceptable too.


"Hotelname for keeping new. Welcome you to come often!"
This is one signboard I can't figure out.
I deleted the hotel's name...I think it's better this way, since some of you can read chinese.

Some of the signboards I saw while on the road:
1. Rear end collision.
2. Keep space.
Yeah, some Malaysian drivers should learn how to "keep space" otherwise there'll be more "rear end collisions".

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

The people who did the signs must've been numbnuts themselves. :D Hooray!

Er, as for the Donglin For Keeping New sign... erm... Maybe it's thanking you for... not... peeing in... a place called... Donglin... and... Oh, I don't know!

What we need is somebody who can read Chinese. :D

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

I got my colleague to read it out to me. Apparently, what they were trying to say is that they are constantly upgrading themselves and please come again.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

lol i like the no touch one, funny.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Eng said...

Suddenly this reminds me of the 'Alien' signs I saw and posted in my China blog. You'll get of those funny sentences when you read their leaflets, brochures etc.

Can't help but giggling everytime I read them.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

About the "Alien" signs, I think they REALLY mean it. Even folks from one city or state is considered as "foreigners" in another. It's that bizarre.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Eng said...

hahaha...

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my goodness.. each signboard u interpret it the dirty way.... tsk tsk steffie.. i tot u go back to ur mother land u get the ray of your origin and your ancestors would have blessed you to be just a lil bit saner... looks like there's no cure for u.. but its ok.. we'll accept you u just the way you are.. no worries...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home