Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Persistent Old Fogeys

When I was young, momma used to tell me, "Don't open doors for strangers". Now my boss is telling me that. But did I listen? Nooooo…but hey! I have my reasons! I'm not young anymore, right? Secondly, I have no idea how some of our clients look like. So I open the door and ask them, "Yes can I help you?" BIIIIG mistake. Just yesterday, an old Chinese couple rang our office's doorbell. So I open. Asked them what they wanted. And they went on and on about donation for disabled children's home. And I declined and declined. Conversation was in malay. Wonder why. The lady was pretty aggressive. I had to put my foot against the door to stop her from coming in. Just when I told her that there wasn't anyone in, the guy who rents a small room in our office's mother came out of the toilet. On seeing another lady here, she pushed her way in and went straight at her, and proceeded to disturb the other guy as well. Then, he told her that he's just working here and that she should talk to the boss (MY Guy Boss who wasn't in).

I told her that there wasn't anyone in as she can see for herself (this time in Cantonese). Had the nerve to tell me that she thought I was a Malay…She insisted on going into my workplace (a bigger room where all the staff is at) and started opening the door. MAN! THAT"S TOO MUCH! >.< I slammed the door shut and told her that she can't go in! then I tried getting them out. Then she continued bugging me to donate while her hubby or whoever it is wave the receipt like book under my nose. She went on and on about how I don't have a heart (howcome she left that guy alone so easily and won't stop bugging me ah?). Then I told her exasperatingly that I myself have to eat bread for lunch! (Not lying, really ate bread for lunch on that day). She said, "So charm wan meh, earn so little…" I answered," Yalah…memang earn little." Of course she thought that I was lying lah, not that I care. BUT they left. THANK GOD. After that I got lectured by both my boss and the other guy about letting strangers in, and I was thinking, "Asshole, was hoping you help me halau them, instead, push the problem back to me…"

Anyway, I have decided that I'll carry my knife with me when I open the door next time. No matter who that is. Haha, boss seems to be checking who is at the door quite often today…paranoid already. I've just discovered that when I'm pissed, I can actually speak Malay or Cantonese more fluently…than the usual stuttering that I do…hm…

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Philip said...

C wat happen to u. REAL lucky they r purely asking u to donate money. Wat if they turn out to be robbers, steal everything in ur office or kidnapers who would take u hostage :P (Cool) or some crazy fella doing... something crazy. Anything could happen, u deserved to be lectured!!!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

You are the last person I want to hear that from. That's coz they didn't look half as scary as you...

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

ROTF ! *dies laughing... hidoi ne steffi !

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Ah...I was too hungry, so was in bad mood...

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

knife eh? i'm gonna call and sms u upteen times be4 i end up in front of ur hse woman!

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Ahahaha, don't worry lah, my house I won't use knife coz I can see from inside who is at the gate...At office, different matter mah, but yes, a call before coming will be much appreciated...so that both parties can prepare. ^-^

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

True true chu eng, hahaha, better think twice b4 going to her house. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home