Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Goddammit...

Today, was a really busy busy day. Since Lady Boss is in Hong Kong, I communicate with her via Yahoo Messenger. The following is an excerpt taken from the chat (at least what I can remember lah):

Steffi: These directors ah, fly here, fly there, so susah only. Always need to prepare the documents in a rush for them to sign before they fly off...
Lady Boss: Hehe...
Steffi: Luckily Client A doesn't fly around...
Lady Boss: You should be wishing that she flies away...
Steffi: Actually, it'll be better if she flies away...(message was sent one second after hers)
Lady Boss: Yeah...haha.

(half an hour later, Client A called)

Client A: yak yak yak
Steffi: yak yak yak (puts down phone)

(back to Yahoo Messenger)

Steffi:...you know what I said about Client A flying? I wish she did...
Lady Boss: LOL...(and so on and so forth).

And since momma isn't around, there ain't no dinner at home. So me dad and I went to SS2 Glutton Square (wai sek kai) to have dinner. We ordered porridge. Then, my dad sauntered off somewhere, to order steamed soup. This was what happened after that, conversation is in cantonese:

Porridge woman: Ei? Where's the customer?
Friend: who?
Porridge woman: There, that husband and wife (leong kung po).
Steffi: *raises eyebrow*
Porridge woman: Where's that husband and wife ah? He told me that he's sitting here.
Steffi:...*wonders whether she should say anything*
Porridge woman: *clicking her tongue and sighed*
Steffi: Excuse me, are those two bowls mine?
Porridge woman: Ah! There you are...haha, I've forgotten where you sit (was diagonally in front of her).
Steffi: *grins* it's ok...(she started speaking in mandarin. Being a banana, Steffi just mumbled and nods).

...do I look that old? My dad is 50++ and I'm 22. Or does she think that I'm a young wifey? *cries*

I won't eat from you anymore *glares at porridge woman*.

Then, we went to the clinic (dad wanted to see the doc). Convo in the car (in English this time, of course):

Dad: You can go to Jaya to shop around while I go to the clinic and then to the barber.
Steffi: Ok
Dad: You carrying your hand bag...
Steffi: Yeah...
Dad: Why?!
Steffi: Then where to keep my things?
Dad: Where's your IC?
Steffi: In my bag...
Dad: WHY?!
Steffi: Do you see any pockets?
Dad: ...ok lah. I won't go to the barber. You wait for me in the clinic
Steffi: Sure...

Paranoid. Of course, I understand what he's implying also lah. I've seen a girl entering the clinic with her shoulders bleeding. All because of a snatch thief who snatched her bag and she fell. Luckily, her BF was with her.

Just the other day, on Merdeka day (yes, I managed to wake up in the morning, no, I didn't suffer from hangover) at Megamall, I saw many many guys holding their GF's handbag. An unusual sight for me. I was wondering aloud as to why this was happening. Then my mom said, " Guys stronger mah, the snatch thief will think twice before snatching the handbag away from them." Right...Never thought of that. But it was sweet of them. Then I said to me mom, "Heh, dad wouldn't even hold the handbag for 30 seconds..." Mom didn't comment. LOL! Next time I should try asking my dad...though I'm 90% sure that he'll refuse. :D

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

You should have just kept quiet about the food when she was searching for u guys, then go and order something else. hahaha

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Pun evil...but the porridge woman is even "eviler" HAHAHA!

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger ashes said...

hey..steffi y not take it the other way round?
maybe she(porridge lady) was tying to mean tat your dad looks very young!
ahhah...so maybe his partner, a hot gal(.ehem..) seems to be a perfect match!ahhahaha..tats y she said husband n wife!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

The thought is still disgusting. THIS IS PURE INCEST!

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yai yai.. i can comment now

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

Ash is right, may be ur dad look too young already. :P

May be ur mom is hoping u to have a BF also

Try this

Select * from AnyPub where guy = handsome AND Qualify

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

hoping kah...yahor..we are old enough hor

AnyGuy from AnyPub uh..!= hubby OR bf material...

Dammit. Karat oredi.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger YSLim said...

SQL correction

Select * from AnyPub where guy = 'handsome' OR guy='Qualify'

Second one...

Select AnyGuy from AnyPub where guy<>'hubby' OR guy<>'BF'.

I guess u need more practise on learning the SQL first before looking for a BF, or else later the sql can be

Select AnyGuy from AnyPub where guy='hubby' OR guy='BF'.

Just kidding!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

yeah right, but there are nothing wrong with the first one. Handsome and qualify is variable mah.

hmmm may be we can add GROUP by or ORDER by inside there or .... hey we are talking like a computer geek now! :P sniff sniff >_>

kidding!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

...
pls, don't make
BF/Hubby talk = Sql Statements.
Otherwise I hilang minat oredi...HAHAHAHAHA!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Eng said...

lol...
Steph has become a SQL statement

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Errrr...NO! I'm still human. I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home