Sunday, December 16, 2007

Comic Fiesta 2007

Presenting to you...

COMIC FIESTA 2007!

The last anime convention /comic fiesta /however you want to call it that I went to was about 4 years ago I think...So anyway, my sister told me to go as a lolita this year...however, when I went to the lolita shop which I have tried on the clothes before, it had vanished! Another shop only allowed members in, on top of that members aren't allowed to try the clothes! Ridiculous, considering that the prices of the clothes are more than RM300.

So what does a poor Lolita wannabe do? Improvise of course.


I got myself a while frilly lacy top and added black laces to it. Then I added white laces and ribbons to my long black skirt, and voila!

My mom even got for me an "English lady/Queen E" brooch to pin at my collar.
Needless to say, when we first arrived, I almost died of embarrassment, used my friend as a shield (didn't work) and sneaked in through the side entrance to get to the 6th floor.

There were LOTS of people there. It was held in two shop lots. The entrance fee was RM10.



The cosplayers were really nice people, very obliging, they allowed us to take pictures with them without any fuss. The first two cosplayers we took picture with were two characters from D.Grayman, Allen Walker and Linali...


There was also a Bongun from Ragnarok Online, a very well known MMORPG. I confess, I was once an avid Ragnaroker...


He was really good! He was really into character from the start until the end. He even "died" and had to be resurrected!



Oh, there were many items on sale, and on display too.


Figurines from various animes.

Oh, one of the most popular character was none other than HANI SEnPAI FROM OURAN HIGH SCHOOL HOST CLUB! WOOHOO!


Hani senpai was really shy, LOL! He found his pink rabbit to be really useful...This Hani senpai can also play the violin!

Other Ouran Host Club members trying to coax Hani senpai to show his face...



Hani senpai finally shows his face!


Hani senpai playing with paper roses...


I was told that Hani senpai cried later because the crowd around him was getting too big for his liking! Poor boy!

Of course, there were Bleach characters too...


Zaraki Kenpachi, the 11th squad captain! His "hair" is amazing...it even smacked my head when he bent down to put his bags on the floor.

And the prob the most famous character at the fiesta...


KON...pachi. Eh?! KONPACHI? Why Konpachi? Because it's Kon wearing Zaraki Kenpachi's uniform! Or maybe it's Zaraki Kenpachi wearing a Kon headgear...Hmmm...


Konpachi on stage posing...


RARR!!! KONPACHI RULES!


I left early so I didn't get to take picture with Konpachi T_T

Oh, there's also White Ichigo/Inner Hollow Ichigo and Kira!


Freaky like the anime one, eh?

Ok, so other characters...

Characters from Air Gear

Characters from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu.

Characters from xXx-Holic

Sousui Seki from Rozen Maiden.

Characters from Legend of Zelda, they were too tired to stand! I would be too...if I were them.

Echizen Ryoma from Prince of Tennis.

There were also non-anime/TV characters such as...

Mr TV Man! I was really amused when I saw him and couldn't resist taking pictures with him!

SWAT member...Probably from Counter Strike

This sexy chick is actually a guy!

Neko-chan! He was so cute on stage when he was performing a famous dance from Suzumiya Haruhi.

And last but not least...

...NANI KORE?!POCKY!!! But...uh...why Pocky?

Group photo. Yes, that is Ten Ten from Naruto there...

Preliminary cosplayers on stage. It's gonna collapse!

The MC was a really funny guy too...We even had requests for our pictures to be taken! Not by the MC lah, by other photographers. Hahaha, soaking up on public attention for the first time. :P Overall it was good, although I missed half of it because I had to go somewhere else.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 1:13 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

Ah now i know what that sexy chick is supposed to be, Assasin from Ragnarok right?

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Eng said...

seems cool... how come jyrenze didn't go with you?

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Jyrenze: Eh, perhaps lah...even his/her pose looks like theirs...

Eng: I dunno...hahaha, initially I planned to go on Sat and Jyrenze was busy, then change to Sunday, and this and that happened and...I really dunno. I went there with my Japanese language classmates and younger sister.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Drawtist_P said...

Aw man, I wish I was there! Looks like a ton of fun. :D

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

Steffi, let me say again that the Goth-Loli edition of Steffi looks deliciously molestable. :D You should wear that the next time we meet up.

Your sister, I should add, is incredibly suited for the goth lolita look. Great job setting up your costumes.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

darke shard: Thanks for the compliment Shaun. ^^
You can view the pictures that I took in this link coz I uploaded them in Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21927063@N06/

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Leo Hime: If you ever come down to Malaysia, do come in December! Comic Fiesta is held every year...

Darke shard: Not in your life. Well, maybe during Halloween lah...hahaha!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Eng said...

Goth-Loli???!!!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Eng: Goth-loli means a combination of gothic plus lolita fashion. Most of the time, it's black and white. Most of the time lah. There are other colours as well, such as red and black...

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger ashes said...

ok im no expert in this area..haha..but nevertheless find it kinda amazing to see the trouble you guys take to get the outfit n make-up.

tat guy with the pointy hair-do ..err "Zaraki Kenpachi" if tats right..his hair is kinda cool.wonder how they do it..

and the sexy chick is scary..haha

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger YSLim said...

i dun understand y is there the pocky box..

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

LOL! I don't either! I don't think many do!

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive always wanted a lolita costume

 

Post a Comment

<< Home