Friday, August 31, 2007

MERDEKA!

HAPPY MERDEKA!!! Anyway, for once, I was one of the mad people who joined the crazy crowd in celebrating Merdeka on Merdeka's eve at Cyberjaya. I was there with my family to view the spectacular fireworks display by the Japan team who took part in the Malaysia International Fireworks Competition. Anyway, here are the pictures taken from Perdana Lakeside in Cyberjaya! Camera used: Olympus FE-190 Fireworks mode unless stated otherwise.

Before the show..."Night mode"



















Rare bluish fireworks.



















One of my best...

Finale preview?







And the grand finale. I know the photo's a little blur, but that was because I moved the tripod while taking it. I didn't expect the last one to be so high up in the sky.

And so, we left before the mad, mad, mad traffic jam started. Phew!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

I can't believe that your camera takes such clear photos, or that you could steady your hands enough to use night mode. Wow! The trip to watch the fireworks was definitely worth it. :D

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah .. nice nice :)

CONGRATULATIONS for your good result !

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

cool pics, luckily u didnt get caught in the jam

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger ashes said...

hey i was there too..
i waited in Cyber near the Balai Bomba..got a clear view too.

haha..i've worked in cyber few months bfor...n tat was the first time i ever saw it sooo jam packed like tat..my my..we almost tot we were gonna miss it..heh

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Darke: I used a tripod of course :D In fact I didn't really look at the screen, just adjust the camera at the beginning, then kept on pressing the button. :D I even squat down to watch while pressing the button when I got tired.

Misha's Mum: Thanks! Any presents?

Jyrenze: I'm not too sure actually, I was asleep in the car.

Ash: Er, there's a Balai Bomba there? Haha!

Yeaaah, the roads became parking bays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home