Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bon Odori

I've been so busy these past few days I'm trying hard not to ignore my blog...hahaha! Ah well, here's a short report on Bon Odori held on the 14th of July at erm, the ex-Matsushta stadium (it has a new name now). First of all, there were MANY MANY MANY people. Oh, there were also many many MANY WEIRD people - I'm referring to the way they dressed. I could see lolitas, goth lolitas, punk, kawaii chicks but no kakkoii blokes unfortunately, and well you have those who dressed with the motto "anything goes".

The crowd walking towards the stadium. We (Jyrenze, YSLim and I) parked quite far away, so we had quite a distance to walk.

The stage before the events started.

I saw many kawaii kids in tradional garbs! They looked so cute, running around the field.
Another cute chibi...Picture's from Jyrenze's camera.

Drummers beating the drums, signaling the start of the festival.

Mix and match! Tudung worn with yukata...Oh, they were all dancing. This IS the Bon Odori festival. We danced too...

There were performances by the locals and Japanese as well.

I also met a replica of Shin Chan at the festival. Those who read Crayon Shin Chan, or Dik Cerdas as it is known in Malay, would know that Shin Chan is a 5 years old pervert. While I was watching the performances, I felt tiny fingers crawling up my thigh...and I whipped my head around to glare at the pervert...just to find myself staring at a small boy! So I thought he probably accidentally touched me and continued watching the ongoing performance. However, a few seconds later, I felt those fingers again! When I turned around to look at my "molester" I saw the same boy again, only this time, his maid wrapped her arms around him, clutching his hands tightly! I found out from Jyrenze later that the same boy kept on leaning his head on her...Just what is wrong with kids nowadays?!

Anyway, there were many food stalls there, selling Japanese and local food, which were quite pricey (RM6-RM10)Here are some of the food pictures (from Jyrenze's camera - mine ran out of battery).

Korokke (croquette)
...I can't recognize this. Oh, wait! I think this is the okonomiyaki...
Unagi don

Sakura Mochi
Ice cream - RM10.00 from this stall:


Hmmm, I'm pretty sure we ate more than this, but ah well. It doesn't matter.

I actually went to the festival, hoping to see a few cosplayers, but I guess since STEFFI wants to see, they decided to hide. All I saw were these two Bleach cosplayers.


Looks like I'll have to attend an animecon to see more cosplayers!

End of report.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

bah, the blogger lost my earlier comment, anyway what was I saying... oh yea, this years bon odori got more fans and better food compared to 2 years ago.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

HEY, NO FAIR! How come that little kid gets to molest you but I can't?

The chibi kimono girls arree ssoo ddaamnn kaaawaaaiii and the sakura mochi looks delicious. Darnit, next year I should be a good enough a driver to drive there!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Drawtist_P said...

*stares*

Oh great, now I'm hungry. >.<

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Eng said...

hahaha... that kid no future lar... must learn how to pick some better ones...

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Jyrenze: Because they know that Steffi-sama would be attending...

Darke: It's not like I allowed him to.

Leo: HEHE, it's pricey though.

Eng: ...he won't have any future if he continues like that.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger ashes said...

hahahha...eng's comment really was a good one..

i mean..its a good joke(better play safe here)..hehe

how evil of u eng..:P

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Eng said...

hey... it's just an evil joke... and only to a certain people... hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home