Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Commercial Break: On a different wavelength...

15/5/2007
For some odd reason, my company's callers seemed to be on a different wavelength...

Situation 1:
*Phone rings*
Caller A: Hello, may I speak to Mr X please?
Steffi: May I know who's on the line, please?
Caller A: Er...May I speak to Mr X...
Steffi: Yes, may I know who IS.ON.THE.LINE. please?
Caller A: Uh...Mr X
Steffi: *tries a different approach* May I know whom am I speaking to? *in my mind: WHO ARE YOU?!*
Caller A: Uh, I want to speak to Mr X

Steffi: OH, HEAVEN FORBIDS!

(Of course I didn't say that out loud)

Steffi: ...please hold on

Steffi: BOSS!! This girl ah, wants to speak to Mr X (who's wasn't around), but no matter how I asked her who she is also she won't tell... >.<#

Boss picks up phone.

After a few lines of conversation, he switched to Malay.

Steffi: Alriiiiiiiiiight,so she's a chinese who can't speak English then.

See...this is where the problem lies. In our office, my boss and I are both bananas (I think I'm better slightly better in Mandarin. He can speak Cantonese though), so we end up speaking Malay to non-English speaking Chinese. Really odd, eh?

Situation 2:

I was on the phone with a client's clerk.

Steffi: I need you to do something for me. It's about the new company that your boss wanted to buy.
Caller B: Eh? So far we've only bought one new Proton Waja (car)...
Steffi:...
Steffi: T_T
Steffi: Uh, it has got nothing to do with the Proton Waja...(somebody, just shoot me...)

Situation 3:

This happened yesterday. This caller has been trying to reach Mr Y the entire day (since we didn't know what time he'll come in, we just ask her to call back later to check).

Caller C: Hello, may I speak to Mr Y please?
Steffi: I'm sorry, but he didn't come in today (it's already 4.00pm. Quite sure that he won't be coming in)
Caller C: What? Tsk...*puts down phone*
Steffi: ...*sigh* You are welcome...

I know you are frustrated. That's not my problem. That's between you and him. You think I like listening to your voice, ah? Be more polite next time otherwise I won't even pick up your calls. >.<###




Your Seduction Style: The Natural



You don't really try to seduce people... it just seems to happen.

Fun loving and free spirited, you bring out the inner child in people.

You are spontaneous, sincere, and unpretentious - a hard combo to find!

People drop their guard around you, and find themselves falling fast.

What Is Your Seduction Style?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

"You don't really try to seduce people... it just seems to happen."

Ahem...so it means you are a flirt? hahaha....

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

In this case...nothing happened -_-. That's the sad truth about "The Naturals" (why sound like Gundam Seed wan...Naturals and Coordinators...:P)

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

Oh Steffi, please stop, you naughty thing! I know you're not trying to seduce me but you're doing it nonetheless. *blush!*

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger ashes said...

haha..yea it would definetely look awkward to see 2 chinese speaking in malay.

i got this first shock in my previous comp where we had indonesian-chinese colleagues...haha..man i really couldnt believe my eyes/ears watching 2 chinese communicate in malay..INDON malay sum more!!

but later i got used to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home