Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Long Long Days, Long Long Post.

Saturday. Public holiday. Road trip to Fraser's Hill. That was what we had in mind and that was exactly what we did. Except that it didn't turn out the way we expected it to. Woke up nice and early, feeling like shit coz was too stubborn to sleep early the night before. Had breakfast and bought nasi lemak for lunch, to be eaten at Fraser's Hill. After a LONG and WINDING path, we stopped by at The Gap, a resthouse just before the gate up to Fraser's Hill. Took a few nice pictures, met a grumpy cat (from then onwards, I refer to it as Mr Grumps).

Went back to the car excitedly as the gate to ascend Fraser's Hill was opening. And then...the car refused to start! After more than 20 tries (Serious!) So, went back to The Gap, sat on the railing and had my nasi lemak there. Finally managed to get a mechanic from Keling (which was pretty far away) as there were no mechanics on Fraser's Hill and it was also a public holiday. Before the mechanic reached, the car started! O.o Arse of a car...

Reached the top, looked for a nice place to have lunch and well, had lunch. Beautiful scenery...Never thought that lilies, especially yellow lilies could look so beautiful...Went to Ye Olde Smokehouse to use their washroom.
Quaint little english house. But the atmosphere inside...was really intimidating. It's like entering another world, when I entered, those folks staying there looked up at me solemnly, almost ran out of that place. Somehow, though it's beautiful, it does not feel as welcoming as the cheaper and simpler The Gap.
Back to the car. Prepared to leave, in search of my horse ride. AND THEN THE CAR WON"T START AGAIN!!!ARGH! after a few tries and discussions, my mom, sis and I walked to town where the clock tower is. That's a few km away.

Just right after I brought my little weapon out, Mr Cyclist appeared saying in mandarin "Miss, you've still got a long way to go." I assumed that he was talking about reaching the NEAREST destination of course. But anyway, I asked him how long more before I reach the Horse Paddock. "About half a kilometre more," he replied.
I noticed, however, that he kept on staring at my hand and then at my face repeatedly. Only after saying thanks to him and walking a while more did I realize that I was waving my penknife around while talking to him. That explained the weird stares I got from him...A nicely dressed girl with her sister walking on foot in the middle of nowhere, smiling sweetly at him while waving the penknife around...Yup. He must have thought that it was a weird day.

Finally reached the paddock and then bought the ticket. Was lining up to wait for my turn when I received a call from mom. Mom who thought that I was still on the way, freaked out and yelled at us to get back immediately to the clock tower. I've wasted RM8.00 and I didn't get to sit on my horsey after walking a few km. That really sucked! Got back to the Clock Tower, waited for the damn tow truck to come which doesn't seem to be coming. It does not help either that all the inns were fully booked. GAH! Just when we thought that we would have to spend the nite in the car, the tow truck showed up. Of course, mom and I still had to walk back to the car (another few km) because there just weren't enough space in the two truck to fit the four of us.

Sat in the back seat of the car with sis while it was being towed all the way back to my house in PJ. Had to wind down the window (otherwise we'll suffocate). And then, it started raining. Wheeee....Was so tired, fell asleep in the car. Later on, my mom (parents were in the two truck) told me that the driver saw us sleeping in his rear view mirror and asked her worriedly whether we have fainted or not...HEHEHEHEHEHE!

Reached home. Alas, the two truck couldn't reverse the entire car into the house as one car was blocking it and the owner wasn't home. In the end, it took five of us, including my neighbour to push the car into the house. And that's how I twisted my ankle. Haih. It was already "not well" before going to Fraser's Hill and now it's worse.

After that, washed my face (THE COTTON TURNED BLACK!), bathed, ate dinner, went online and then SLEEP TIME!

The next morning...Sunday morning...body sure hurts like hell! Especially the ankles and legs. So what did I do on Sunday? Had breakfast (dim sum) with Wei Chin and Lay Theng and spent the rest of the day in front ot the computer, watching Gensoumaden Saiyuki. Bliss...

Monday. Another long day. Was busy filling in tax forms in the morning. Guy Boss had meeting in the afternoon, so I helped him prepare documents but I kept on making mistakes. Felt like the biggest idiot ever to exist. It didn't help that the phone and doorbell kept on ringing that day. Was ready to growl at the phone anytime. Insurance lady called up, asking for doctor's report to confirm that my migraine which I had for ONE DAY was a normal migraine. I supposed they just want to make sure that I don't have brain tumour. Sheesh. Not my fault. She saw my MC in my office.

Tuesday. Uh...oddly enough, I can't remember what happened today. Except that I had dim sum and chinese tea for breakfast, chicken chop, potato soup and ceylon tea for lunch and rice with pork ribs and grilled fish for dinner. Oh, and my sister threw away my sandals which I still wanted. HMPH! Oh yeah, selected the pictures for graduation as well. What happened during office hours however...I really can't remember right now. Hmmmm...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home