Saturday, November 08, 2008

Shopping Craze

First of all, I would like to inform you that...I'M STILL ALIVE!!! T____T OK?! I'm still around, just...busy with my new job. T_T I've been so busy I didn't even get to watch my anime or manga at home. I could only do that in the train on my baby, Asami (iPod Touch) and that is only if I could get a seat! WARGH!!!

Anyway, before I started at my new workplace, I did a bit of office attire shopping...shoes, clothes, etc. Well, just three weeks back? Uh, on the 22nd of October, I believe, Jusco had a one day J member sales. I took that opportunity to shop. Since it was a weekday, a Wednesday, I didn't expect it to be crowded, but I was shocked when I realized that the queue to the car park was SUPER LOOOOOOOONG!!!

And then..inside...

The crowd! ARGH! Some were there even before it started at 8 am. I saw my neighbour there and she told me that she was already there at 7 something in the morning!!!

Entrance to the department store.

Queues at the cashiers. Don't you need to work, people?!!

Ah, yes. I have almost forgotten. How could I? While I was queuing up, I was horrified when I felt a pair of boobs pressed AGAINST my back. It was an aunty in her forties (?) behind me. Lady, I don't see any logic in...plastering yourself to my back, it's not going to make the waiting any shorter. Wait, maybe it would have, if I had ran for my...my back's chastity. Anyway, that incident made it clear that I wasn't going to be a lesbian anytime soon -_-.

Comforters! People were just buying BAGS and BAGS of comforters! Some even had two to three carts of comforters/pillows/bolsters...

After queuing up for so long at the cashier, I wanted to grab these knives and go on a killing spree.

The madness at the supermarket.

Other independent stores decided to join the J Card member day madness.

View of the centre court from the 1st floor. Economic crisis? Recession? Hmm...

And then the NEXT day, I followed my friend to Metrojaya's warehouse sale at Stadium Malawati, Shah Alam.

I thought it wouldn't be as bad. I thought wrong.

On the way INTO the stadium.

We weren't allowed to bring a camera in. Technically, I didn't bring a camera in :D

The row of cashiers at one side of the stadium, obviously not enough to serve the huge crowd on that day. We left five minutes later, empty-handed.

I'm never going to try this stunt again T_T.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger yvonne lee said...

omg.. seriously.. how come so many people on a weekday morning?!

and how come i didn't even hear about this sale?!

seriously crazy...

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

I think they took leave. It's year end, so they've got plenty of leaves to clear. And Malaysians are crazy as well.

Well, Jusco sent letters to their card members. Metro's advertisement was in The Star.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

lol it looks crazy, some weeks ago on Sunday Tesco was almost as crwoded as that too, but not quite.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger ashes said...

hahaha..coming bfor 7am??

really man..these people are so bersemangat..

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Jyrenze: That's the day lah...when you were wondering why the traffic was so heavy...

Ashes: Not before 7 but before 8. But still...really bersemangat! At the Metrojaya's warehouse sale, when I saw the crowd, I terus hilang semangat!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger YSLim said...

crowd usually targeted for warehouse sale....u still going?

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Hahahaha, not anytime soon.

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Drawtist_P said...

Oh jeez. Crowds. I hate crowds! :S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home