Friday, August 01, 2008

Ramune

Ever since I've watched anime, I have this fascination for the Ramune drink, especially in the old fashioned glass bottle. A few years ago, I got myself a bottle from 100 Yen Shop:

Shin Chan Ramune! But because it was so cute...

I couldn't bear to open it...

And it has expired more than a year ago. Now, even if I want to open it, I dare not open it (imagines all sorts of demons flying out if Steffi opens it).

So this time around, I bought myself a more...original looking bottle at Takashimaya, Singapore:

One bottle for SGD2++ There were plastic bottles too, but I wanted the good old glass bottle (and yes, I lugged it all the way back).

Simple instructions on how to drink. Haha, yes, HOW to drink, because, really, only hamsters and their relatives will know how to drink from this bottle.

The little glass ball lodged at the top due to the pressure from the CO2 inside the bottle.

The cap.

The inner cap, used to push the glass ball away from the mouth of the bottle.

It was a tough job, maybe because I've been carrying the bottle here and there, the pressure inside was REALLY great. It took me a good five minute to dislodge the ball, and look at what happened! The liquid came fizzling out. Luckily the bottle was on the floor and not on the table.

The glass ball at the neck of the bottle. The glass ball is supposed to prevent the liquid from flowing out of the bottle, and the drinker has to use his/her tongue to push it away while drinking, just like a hamster's water bottle. BUT IT DIDN"T WORK! IT DIDN"T WORK! The liquid came gushing into my mouth...almost choked T_T So sad. So it's for show only? T___T

After five minutes of struggling, there were even blood marks on my palm. So much hard work and it didn't work the way it was supposed to work? T___T

Disappointed, I went to the bathroom to wash the bottle, only to discover that...
IT WORKS! The water didn't flow out at all...well, after the initial 2 seconds, as long as you turn it upside down 90 degrees like a hamster's water bottle. Who the heck drinks like a bird la? -_-

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

Dude, that's a drink designed by sadists to be ingested by masochists. Assuming you don't quickly master the art of drinking bottles at a 90 degree angle, might I suggest a razor sharp straw that can cut through glass?

Bonus question: How did they fill up the bottle to begin with?

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

That would spoil the fun.

Filling up the bottle is not a problem...Eh? It is..
ARGH I DON"T KNOW!

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some ppl actually call me shin chan
eek

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Haha, well, I hope you seriously don't have a bean head!

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

somehow... i think.. the japanese.. wants to make drinking ramune.. a very erotic... experience.. O____O'

O_________O'

......

>_________<' ~!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

HAHAHA! I will ask my sensei the next time I see her...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home