Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Twins: Absolutely numbnutting

This happened when I was travelling back to Kluang, Johor for my grandmother’s 90th birthday celebration…

My dad was asking me about a pair of twin friends that I have. Let’s call them Tweedledee and Tweedledum

Dad: Who is the older one?
Steffi: Tweedledee.
Dad: So who came out first?
Steffi: *jaw hangs open*
Steffi: …Didn’t I just said that Tweedledee is the older one?!
Dad: Yeah, yeah, of course Tweedledee is the older one…
Dad: By how many minutes…
Steffi: Dunno, didn’t ask them…
Dad: …or days?
Steffi: *jaw drops again*
Steffi: …
Steffi: *cries into her pillow – yes, I brought my pillow, bolster and blanket along*
Dad: I mean, some of them can be born a few days later
Steffi: IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! (Even for non twins?!)
Mom: Dear, she has been calling them twins all along. Was there a time when she said they weren’t twins?

I’m beginning to wonder if I was used as a tool to just keep him awake while he was driving, therefore, he wasn’t concentrating at all on the conversation. Either that or he was just trying to be cute.

I think the former is more like it. *Sigh*

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Eng said...

hhhmmm.... Tweedledee
hhhmmm....

where on earth did you get the names Tweedledee and Tweedledum anyway?

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

I'm more concerned by the fact that you bring your blanket and pillow everywhere with you. Do you have this habit where you just walk around, get tired, and then suddenly announce, "Good night, everybody!" and fall asleep on the spot?

(Eng: Tweedledee and Tweedledum come from Lewis Carroll's Through The Looking Glass / Alice in Wonderland. But since some anime also use those names, and we all know Steffi... weeelll...)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Darke: I was travelling back to hometown la...Of course I'll bring them along.

It was from Alice in Wonderland. Actually I couldn't remember which story it came from, HAHA! But, yes, I remembered them as characters of ENGLISH stories.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Eng said...

gosh... I can't even remember the story from Alice in Wonderland...

maybe just some characters, but I can't even remember the names...

so btw, what characters are Tweedledee and Tweedledum?

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Er...dum, dum twins? All I can remember is they didn't look too intelligent, rolly polly and not handsome too.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

They were the annoying singing twins in the cartoon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home