Saturday, May 03, 2008

Singapore 2008 - Inconsiderate Fellow Passenger, Clarke Quay

As I've mentioned before, I took the bus to and from Singapore on my last trip. Before the highlight of the trip, I managed to get myself lost in Novena Square. I didn't know how that happened, but yes, I lost my family while walking to the bus. I couldn't call them and I could only sms them, which I mispelled Burger King due to the dictionary function and I was running out of battery. It was early in the morning so many shops weren't open yet. Finally they managed to contact me before my handphone died off and I found them. My mom thought that it was hilarious how Steffi the adventurer who goes exploring Singapore could get lost in a MALL.

And then, in the bus, I sat next to the window so the luggage rack was right above my head. I was daydreaming and didn't realized that we had reached the immigration dept of Singapore. I got up abruptly when my dad called out to me - and smack my head really hard against the luggage rack - and ended up keeling over on the chair while holding my head, sans anime style. That was the first time I saw stars. That day just wasn't my day.

And now, the highlight:

I have never met anyone as annoying as this lady who was sitting in front of my sister (who's on my left). It started off when we left Novena Square. I love watching the scenery outside the bus, but suddenly this lady (the snobbish tai tai type) approached me and requested that I pull the curtains as the sun was too bright. What are you? Vampire?! Ok, fine, I just looked at her and pull the curtains shut. After a while, I decided to nap, but nooooooooo, someone was being too noisy. If she wants to talk to her friend, she could do so quietly, but instead, she was complaining loudly. I don't know what she has to complain about, but she has A LOT of complaining to do to her friend. If it's not this, it's that.

I hate being disturbed when:
1) I want to sleep (I'm sure most of you too)
2) I'm watching anime
3) I'm reading manga/book
4) I'm daydreaming

She even went to the bus driver to complain/ask about stuff a few times, eg. "Why are we stopping at this rest stop and not that rest stop?" or "That rest stop has so many flies!" and God knows what else.

The last straw was when we alighted the bus after a rest stop, she actually came over to my sister's and my side and stared blatantly at our footspace without even acknowledging us. On top of that she looked as if she was checking whether we had foot disease which could possible spread to the front where she sits.

Steffi, when on tour/trip, normally lacks of sleep. Steffi who lacks of sleep also lacks patience and adopts a don't care attitude...Steffi is also irritable especially when confined in small spaces such as a bus. So Steffi decided to take her revenge. >=D

Steffi noticed that Annoying Lady is, besides annoying, also very vain (always smoothing down her short hair and applying cosmetics) and is afraid of cold (she shut off her air vents). So after lunch, at another rest stop when we alighted the bus, we (sister and I lah)noticed that she wasn't in the bus yet. >=D OPPORTUNITY TIME! I told my sister to sit at that Annoying Lady's place while I directed both our air-con blowers to her (it was pretty cold in the bus, so we didn't need them). At full blast of course :D I don't know if the other passengers saw, but they sure didn't say anything if they did.

Finally, the bus left the rest stop. And the fun begins. Annoying Lady does not know why her hair kept on swaying about like the lalang at our roadside, or Autumn in My Heart, which ever you prefer, but she kept on flattening down her hair. Every few minutes. :D With a smirk on my face, I settled down to sleep but this time I was disturbed by my sister. It was funny to see her laughing silently, shoulders shaking, face all red and fist stuffed to her mouth to prevent herself from laughing out loud everytime the Annoying Lady's hair swayed. Mom probably realized what I did but didn't say anything at first. Dad on the other hand, needed my sister to explain to him what was going on :D He, of course, didn't like that Annoying Lady too.

Mom: Ok lah, push the blower back to yourself, later she scold you.
Me(stubborn): Then I'll scold her back. Politely.
Mom: Haih.

I wasn't kidding when I said I'll scold her back. Remember, Steffi who lacks of sleep also lacks rational thinking. I mean, geez, if she was so fussy, why doesn't she hire a limousine or take the aeroplane? Sheesh.

OK, so here are some pictures of Clarke Quay, a reward for listening to my rants :D

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger ashes said...

eh wats the ending bebeh?
did she scold u?

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Ahahaha, no lah, I think she didn't realize. Or maybe she did but didn't say anything. But it was amusing to see her flattening her hair every few minutes. :D

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

I can see that travelling with you will be interesting. :D Next time, up the ante and do something even more horrible to the people who annoy you. Then write the blog entry from jail. :D

<3

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger YSLim said...

i think.......u never watch the video "BUS UNCLE"

take a look at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSHziqJWYcM

You are lucky because u havent meet another aunty like this uncle...
hahaha....:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home