Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Stressed out by new mobile phone

I just got myself a new mobile phone. For the first time. Yes, for the first time in my life. It was a sudden thing. Anyway, I got it because it could play animes :D (decisions are of course always made based on anime). Although sometimes the audio and video aren't in sync. Hmm...must figure that one out sooner or later.

ANYWAY.

Oh yeah. I've forgotten. This is my new mobile phone. Sony Ericsson W880i. Probably the second time I've owned a SonyE. The rest were Nokia phones. It...feels like dark chocolate. The urge to snap it and eat it...

BUT that aside...

If there's such a thing as computer illiterate, I wonder whether there's such a thing as "mobile phone illiterate". I am totally clueless about 3G. The only thing I know about 3G is that it can make video calls. Before this, mobile phones to me are for:

1) Make calls, such as "Mom, you can pick me up now..." or "Did you know that Jyrenze has a boyfriend now?"
2) SMS - "I'm bored."
3) Play games - until my thumbs got sore
4) Take pictures (previous one had a camera) which couldn't be uploaded onto the computer.

The new phone has 3G. I didn't even plan to activate it at all. So I didn't bother to really read up on it. However, I didn't realize...I didn't even have to do the activation myself. IT AUTO ACTIVATED! ARGH! So I have no choice but to check it out on Maxis' website.
...
...
...
I hate technology. I love it and yet at the same time I hate it.
WAP?! <---Greek
GPRS?! <---French
MaxisTV?! <--- English
...
Hey hey...Maxis...TV...:D
*koffkoff* I shall continue.

I tried video calling my aunt in Singapore. I don't know whether it's because I didn't activate the above, or she didn't activate her 3G or she turned off her hp, but it failed.

So I thought I should activate all of the above, and I did that. It's ok, my line is prepaid, so I won't get heart attack when I see the bill ('cause there isn't any).

It.
Still.
FAILED.

Is there anyone from Maxis, or 3G whizkid who can help this handicapped Numbnut? Before I really snap it and eat it...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger YSLim said...

your phone oledi more high tech than apple iphone la..

apple iphone dun support 3G at all..

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

SERIOUS?! And I thought Darke was lying through his teeth when he said that (about his iPhone).

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

SEE! SEE! I was telling the truth. :D Okay, Steffi, your new phone is awesome and all with its 3G and TV functions... but more importantly, how good is the vibration function? :D

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Eng said...

wow... you're already into 3G

I don't even know how to use my bluetooth yet. Activating it is easy, but I can't seem to find the access code... anyone can help?

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Darke: Fei's only interested in ukeish guys like you.

Eng: Don't worry, I also don't know how to use Fei Long's bluetooth.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger YSLim said...

the access code is come with your bluetooth handset user manual...

usually it is 0000 or 0123 or 1234, just give a try on it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home