Thursday, March 23, 2006

NOOoooooooo… T_T

I’m seriously beginning to think that the world is watching the weighing scale when I step on it. It’s not fair! All I did was put on a little weight and everyone starts commenting about it...

This morning at work, I was at the counter (something like a pantry) boiling water to make my usual morning cup of tea. TEA…not coffee. I’m addicted to tea. Our office cleaning lady was behind me, vacuuming the floor when she suddenly spoke to me…

(Conversation was in Malay)

Makcik: Eh, you are quite big already ah...
Steffi: *froze in shock* Uh…
Makcik: Bigger, compared to when you first came here…
Steffi: *all sorts of thoughts were swirling in my head* I guess...I’m fatter now...
Makcik: Eh, no, no! I mean taller! Bigger! *makes the bigger-sized hand gestures*
Steffi: T_T *Bigger, it means that I grew sideways also, right?* Eh, that’s not possible. I’m already 2* (HAH! Not gonna tell ya) years old this year. I can’t grow any taller anymore.
Makcik: Yes ar...looks like you’ve grown bigger…
Steffi: T____T *ENOUGH ENOUGH!*

I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing after that. The pressure to lose weight is even more now. Haih.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger YSLim said...

hahaha.........u should go oversea....then the makcik over there will ask u, how come u so small one compare with others, hahaha!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Actually, according to someone staying in USA, my height is average. :) In terms of width...that one I'm not sure lah, haha!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

Go to australia then, my friend says that everyone there is extremely huge, mostly in terms of width

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember those aren't "Asian" size when u refer to US and Aus.... :P

anw.... dun jst stick to anime tooo much :P prob 20% of tat time use for something more "useful" :D

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger YSLim said...

something more "useful" (hint hint...), haha!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Wai Kit: I'm afraid you are kind of outdated. I haven't been watching much anime...not with the exams coming up. It's so sad...really miss watching anime. I still do watch Naruto every fortnight. And would you kindly tell me, what "something more 'useful'" is?

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOIN GYM!!!

LOOK GOOD!!!

GET A GUY!!! get married...

GIVE BIRTH...

GO back to gym...

*smirk*

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Sugi: ...where did that "GIVE BIRTH" come from? Gym and I don't get along well, as you know. Want me to make you fatter ah?

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I agree with Sugi...

Go to gym, look good and snag a guy...
After which, get married, give birth...
And back to the gym again to lose all those post-natal pounds... Hehehe..

Aih.. but I also need to lose weight leh... Even the aunty I buy clothes from, the other day... "Eh, you gained weight dy ah??@

T__T

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Evil Malaysian food...eviiiiiiiiiiillll and it's strange how these aunties are so hebat at telling us whether we are fatter or thinner. Or maybe they are just more frank than the others.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Eng said...

Most simple solution... watch your diet. Drink less tea because tea also has cafine... esp. Jasmine Tea.

No chicken and all other fatty meat... esp. since you've told us you had urine acid before.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Eng said...

Oh... and another thing... gym is useless if you don't watch your diet. Ppl are still as fat even when they go gym everyday because they don't control what they eat.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

better solution is to convert urself into vegetarian.

Chicken and pigs are not eatable anymore due 2 birdflu, sars :D

*Commmmme...join our side(billy and philip waiting) *evil >:D

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger ashes said...

eh..billy also vegetarian ka?
haha..i dun think steff would be able to be a good vegetarian..resisting all the good food and all..nah..no chance

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Eng said...

yes Ash... Billy and Philip has been a vegetarian all these while. and I AGREE with you... Steph will never resist the temptation of chickens.... she won't last being a vegetarian for even one meal...

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

You are absolutely right! I can't stand not eating meat at all. By the way, I haven't been touching chicken ever since the bird flu thing started. I accidentally ate one deep fried chicken on Saturday night. I hope it's a clean, healthy chicky. FISH ARE FOES, FOWLS ARE FRIENDS, EAT FISH!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger BillyTong said...

EAT FISH? O_o It sounds to me that we have a Smegol from Lord of the RING here. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home