Saturday, March 04, 2006

AIYEEeeeeee....SNIFF SOB!

My most dreaded moment is when I am forced to go for a haircut. Will it turn out okay? Will I look like an aunty? Will I look cooler or worse than before? Fatter or thinner? Will I look strange? Besides that, I somehow like having my hair long. But when my hair starts dropping like cancer patient on chemotherapy, I know it is time to do something about it, especially when even a house with a pet dog has less fur on the floor than my hair on my house floor.

So, when mom asked me to cut my hair, I started behaving like a brat. I want NO ONE else but my usual hairstylist to cut my hair! I was slightly worried though. My usual hairstylist is now a famous hairstylist who does the KL Fashion Week’s models’ hair. I was sure that the price for a haircut would be expensive. I wasn’t wrong. I gave a hundred and was given back five as change. Besides that, since they have “big” clients now, does that mean that I have to make an appointment with her? Apparently yes. Her mom (also a hairstylist; my mom bumped into her before going to my hairstylist’s place) was nice enough to call up her daughter to book the 5 o’clock slot for me. It’s odd though, how her mom’s staff can remember me as “the girl with long hair”. Hmmmm...was I that bratty that they can remember me even though I have not gone to them for two years?

The hairstylist first snipped off half of my hair. That was probably the most painful and saddest moment of my life. The hairstylist questioned me after viewing the styles that I thought was suitable, “Are you ready for the big change?” I made a sad face and replied, “Yes...” 2 years (in terms of hair length) reduced to half in a second. *sniff sob*. The service was great like usual. Had a nice cup of tea to drink while they prepared my hair to be sheared, no, I mean cut and styled. I like the massaging and hair blasting part. Felt very refreshed after that. It only took the hairstylist about half an hour to forty five minutes to finish the whole process.

And so...


2 years....It took me two years...


All gone in half an hour!


The final result...

Was I satisfied? Yeah...at least I won't get my hair trapped in the seatbelt thing stuck to the side of the door (what you call that ah?), or stuck to the cellophane tape at office, or the files at office, yada yada...and also (although is hasn't happened recently) have part of my hair flying outside the car window because I wasn't aware that it was blown outside the window before winding it up. Most importantly, I won't get to scare people anymore. My aunt used to say that I looked like those Japanese horror movie female ghosts. Ah well, won't be using so much shampoo now.

My wallet's crying though. Heh.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

I dont think I ever had a haircut worth more than rm 20 before in my life. No wonder your wallet is crying. On the bright side, its a nice cut :)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger ashes said...

fuiyooo...i particularly like the last pic..
hahah..so stylo milo..

but the new style looks good..;)

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahliew... so expensive! and so sayang, cut your hair like that!! I'm trying to leave mine long again... muahahaha, now it's longer than yours!!

But quite the stylish lee... I like. Suits you ah... can intro ah your hairstylist... like very 'keng' ah...

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Eng said...

Yup... It's so stylo, esp. the specs. So cool, like the Matrix but the hair makes your head look so round. And er.. when did you take the first pic... ???

You looked quite fleshy in that...
:(

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Philip said...

Nice cut. A good one, looks more pretty n kawaiiiii... ^-^

PS u can grow back ur hair dun worrie :D

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

jyrenze: Thank you! It's gonna be a once a year thing, I hope. To make matters worse, I have to buy new spectacle lenses because my power has increased.

ashes: Stylo milo pulak. Thanks ^-^

michelle: Micchy! Of course I will intro you to her. ^-^

eng: Round...I thought my head looked like a lychee that time. HAHAHAHAHA!
...The picture was taken on the same day. I AM AWARE THAT I HAVE PUT ON WEIGHT (due to CNY's goodies) and I AM trying my best to lose it now. You don't have to be so frank you know. T_T Hmph. Ah geez, your future wife better has thick skin, man.

philip: Thanks! Yeah, my hair grows pretty fast.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Eng said...

What has this got to do with my future wife? Besides, I won't lie to my wife so I will always tell her the truth.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

eng:...ah well. Good for her then.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger YSLim said...

wow.....nice spec in the last photo.......

hahaha! nice hair cut....

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Tq! Tq! The sunglasses is actually a big dark purple sunglasses, not the matrix kind. Maybe at that angle it looks like the matrix kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home