Thursday, February 23, 2006

Spaghetti...

It all started on Valentine's Day. My "date" and I decided to eat at an Italian restaurant called Italia Bella Pizzeria. Well, something like that. It's located at SS2. Went there at 7 something, saw the crowd outside, and decided to give up. I was craving badly for spaghetti T_T I like their spaghetti. Tasted so good the last time I tried my friend's dish (I had lagsana at that time). In the end, we ate at Genki Sushi, Pyramid. I told my "date", "Sushi is the fastest, we can just grab it of the conveyor belt." After seating down at the table, my "date" asked, "So, what is there to grab from the belt?" There were only cakes, other desserts and the boiled prawn sushi. Lesson learnt - stay at home during Valentine's Day.

After that, I kept on searching for delicious spaghetti, something similar to the one at SS2, but I haven't found any so far. They were good, but it wasn't the one with white creamy sauce and herbs like SS2's. Then, my boss suggested Backofen, an Austrian bakery near my office. So I went there. I had their Smoked Salmon spaghetti in creamy sauce. It was great! Today...I packed it back to my office for lunch. They even gave plastic fork and spoon for me to use. For some odd reason, my lady boss, her daughter and my colleague were standing around me, watching me eat. Feeling awkward, I decided to start eating. I shuffed my fork into the spaghetti, intending to mix it well with the sauce, and...

Steffi: AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Lady Boss: AAAAAAAAaaaaaaah!
Lady Boss' Daughter: EEEEEEEEE!!!
Colleague: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

... Never eat spaghetti in creamy sauce with plastic fork and spoon. You'll find yourself covered in sauce, from head to toe. Literally. Everyone scrambled for tissues, to wipe the sauce off my hair, my body, my face...Phew. Well, it was just a little sauce, but still...

After that, I used stainless steel fork and spoon. No problems from then onwards. How was the spaghetti? Delicious, like usual.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

It sounds as though u tore into ur spaghetti instead of eating it slowly, ahahah

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger ashes said...

u know steff at this part...

Steffi: AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!
Lady Boss: AAAAAAAAaaaaaaah!
Lady Boss' Daughter: EEEEEEEEE!!!
Colleague: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

i actually tot u found worms or somethin inside!!
ahhahahaahha..aisayman..the way u put it..so funny.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

jyrenze: no lah...I was just mixing it up...then the fork went "POIIING! The sauce REALLY flew up! >.<

ashes: HAhahaha, actually, it was simultaneously lah. All of us "aaah!" at the same time...it was unexpected, flying orangey sauce. I think my hair smelt a bit like salmon after that.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Eng said...

from the moment of the scream, I thought the sauce got splash on them as well... but it seems it only gotten onto you

so lesson to be learnt... never eat with Steph when she orders a Spaghetti...

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

haha ash, first time i read it I also tot it was worms! hahaha

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Eng: It's odd isn't it. It splattered everywhere, quite far also, but they didn't get any on them. Wasted. No lah...the lesson learnt was never use bouncy plastic utensils to eat spaghetti in creamy sauce.

jyrenze: I know I always find insects in my food, but if it's worms, I will do more than just screaming. Probably run around the whole office going berserk, or running to the loo to throw up.

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh steffi, come ah, we go for dinner there again... I like the spaghetti there too, haven't eat for so long dy.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Sounds good! HEHEHE! SPAGHETTI! You won't get to run away from me...

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Eng said...

which michelle is this? do I know you?

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err... how many michelles do you know ah, Eng? And how am I supposed to explain which michelle this is lah? yeah, you know me :P

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Micchy...trying to confuse poor chun eng ah? She's from SSP lah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home