Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Fanatasy/Adventure Friday Night/Saturday Morning

First of all, I have to say, I have never experienced SO MANY different kinds of emotions in one night before. Mitches, it must be you...your "qi" attracts "excitement". I don't even know how to begin. Alright, I'll start from when I got home from work on Friday. I was supposed to go to Mitches birthday dinner at Megamall and my guy friends were supposed to pick me up. The journey to Megamall was fine, I have not met the co-driver for ages, so we chatted a bit (Steffi is normally talkative, but it's after work, so she's tired).

Upon reaching Chilli's, Mitches gave me a bone-crushing hug and we proceeded to our table. After the final guest arrived and was seated, I told Mitches that my fantasy of being surrounded by the three lovely guys was finally fulfilled after so many years... :P Dinner went well, however I didn't like the fish and chips that I was eating. Prefered my guy friend's steak, but it was way out of my budget.

After dinner, we decided to go clubbing. Where to? A club where most gays hang out. And I wasn't even the one who suggested it! This was the club that I was thinking of going to during Merdeka last year. All of a sudden, I'm going there! HAHA! I was quite excited (duh!) and kept on wondering how is it like to be there among them. Fantasy No. 2 going to be fulfilled? We parked our car at Central Market's parking lot and wondered where the club was. We spotted two...er...guys walking toward the back of Central Market and decided to follow them since they are so obviously different from other guys. We went into the club and was told that we could enter the dance floor section for free if we go in before 12 midnight. After 12, we will have to pay RM30 cover charge.

So, in we go. I like the chop that they chopped on my hand. It's a luminous chop and can only be seen in the dark. It was pretty dark and there was a fog like atmosphere in the dance floor section. I just sat down there like a stiff person I am while my friend started grooving to the music. For some odd reason, I started remembering the newspaper articles on clubs being raided and urine test and so on… However, if I were to voice it out, sure kena marah mulut celupar. Haha! Anyway, Mitches started pulling me up to dance so I just stood there like a dunce and stared around. Seriously, without alcohol, it's a bit difficult to loosen up. Then, my guy friend from UK held out his hands for me to dance with him. AIYEEEEE!!!! FANTASY 3!!! >.< If this were to happen years ago when I was in school, I'd probably turn all red and faint. After moving a bit for a few minutes, I decided to take a rest. And that when the DJ announced, "Everyone please calm down. The police are here to do a routine check. Don't worry, it is just a routine check. Please produce your I/C for them to see." It was only 11.45 pm! There, you go, that's Adventure 1.

The first word that came into my mind was, "OH, SHIT! It really is happening!" I actually have nothing to worry about because I am of legal age. However, I was fully aware that one of us was two months away from being 18. I felt guilty too, as I was the one who bugged him to come. The police did their job well in checking for underage people and he was called up. I panicked. All sorts of thought came to my mind. What will they do to him? Will he get suspended from college? Will they lock him up? (going extreme already lah) And then, we found out that the minimum age for a person to enter clubs is 21 years old and not 18, so please take note of that. One of us (UK guy) left first to the police station they were taking him to (they took the four underage in a normal van, no, they weren't handcuffed), while the rest of us went in another car. The best part was, we didn't know which station they were taking them to. Even though the co driver of the car I was in spoke to the policeman, we were still unsure as they gave us all sorts of names and directions, Dang Wangi, Stadium Merdeka, god knows what else they said. I spoke to Mitches father on the phone, and I think he really panicked when I said, "Hello, Mr X? This is Mitches friend here. May I know where is the Dang Wangi police station?" He insisted on talking to his daughter after that. :S

We went past Bukit Aman, went to another police station, asked for directions, ended up in a traffic police station, asked for directions again, and finally arrived at the right one. Tun HS Lee Police Station. Sheesh! Can't they say that earlier?! However, I must say that they were polite and were ready to help anytime.

We quickly went into see the underaged guy and realized that the person who was supposed to arrive there first wasn't there yet. Great. We had to wait for a long time as the sergeant in charge was out on another case. My friends were busy giving directions to the UK guy who was somewhere in KL. We waited. And waited. And waited. AND the Prima Don (is it don?) finally arrived. But oh no, we had to continue waiting for him to do other stuffs. While waiting, another batch of underaged folks came in. They must have raided another club. I was relieved, though, that all the police wanted from my friend was just a statement from him. No charges against him, no calling up parents, no staying overnight at the police station. The charge will be against the club for allowing underage people to go in. RM2k per head. That's RM8k from the club we went to. And then, another bunch of police came in (this is one of the busier stations) with a scrawny looking guy…as he walked past, I took a look at his hands. They were handcuffed. He was taken straight behind the counter and into another room.

This police station reminded me of a bank. It's quite clean, has white tiled floor and rows of chairs for people to sit. Above the counter, there's an electronic counter to show who's turn is it to be served by them. That means if you want to talk to them, you have to take numbers. O.o I never knew! Does it mean that they are pretty busy during the day?

Ok, back to the story. The sergeant was finally ready to take his and others statements. They went into another part of the building. That was at 3.00am in the morning. After a while, I was grumbling, asking them what took them so long...Mitches told me that they were only in there for 20 minutes. I guess it seems long when you don't know what's going on in there and is anxious to know what IS going on. It feels like waiting for a pregnant woman to deliver. And then, UK guy has to mention that in that room, there's a policeman, three gender confused guys and our guy friend… Uh… Well...there were handcuffs too HEHE! Ahem. Anyway, there were other police in there also, so nothing naughty happened.

After all the hassle, I reached home about 4a.m. The next day, I woke up at 10.00 a.m. rolled around in bed for a while and then prepared for class. Needless to say, I almost fell asleep in class a few times. That was indeed the most exciting night so far. I don't think I will be going to clubs anytime soon. So remember, minimum age to enter a club in Malaysia is 21 years old, and not 18 years old. Make sure to carry your I/Cs with you when you go clubbing. This is a community service by Steffi Waffy @ Maphy... XP

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

Lol steffi, my parents would have killed me if I was a part of any such stunt. At least ti was an interesting night and all went well

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Ara ara...I am of legal age wat. Mom was pretty understanding about it, so it was alright.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Eng said...

Doesn't seem fun to me...

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Eng said...

Doesn't seem fun to me...

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger ashes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger ashes said...

of all the clubs steff..u hav to chose that kinda club..what's so exciting abt it ar?

next time..if i were to hav a date wit steff in the evening..i'm gonna think twice abt it..hahah..just like the ostrich ride..u guys forced me into it!!..im sure somthin like tat will happen again.
i just dun wanna imagine wat it might be..:P

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Philip said...

lol... well :P i went to Rush once b4 thou, tat was pure paksa rela by 3 girls in my car. So end up taking them there (by force), n meet up with another bunch of frens n we all went in. While i m in there, i was like wow, nice place, nice music, lots of ppl. 10mins later, nah, going out n wait outside for the girls to finish n sent them home at 1am :D
Tats my 1st n last time i m going to places like tat :P

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell of an experience eh?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Eng: Fun? It was...everything in one night. LOL! But a seriously interesting experience.

ashes: I - DIDN"T - CHOOSE. That's the best part about it. We are meeting up again soon, so be prepared.

Philip: Uh...we were in fact, talking about Rush with this club owner at the police station. It came up in the news a few times before. This club is alright lah, the owner was quite nice also. He should be pissed with us for making him lose a few thousand that night! LOL!

Sugi: You missed it. And then again, perhaps it was good that you missed it. I'm pretty sure I know what your parents' reactions would be, if you told them that you can't come home early because you were at the police station :P

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger ashes said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG ur right... i surely can't risk going back at 4am man.. even 1am is bad enuff..

i guess the botak came for a reason! ahahahaha

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Jonquina said...

I know. That was what I was thinking too. You have the botak to thank...

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Eng said...

hhmm....

fate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home