Friday, June 22, 2007

The Flu Bug

The flu bug is around. I know this because I was COMPLETELY defeated by the bug. I was down and out for a few days...after stubbornly going to Bukit Tinggi even though I wasn't feeling well. This resulted in me taking MC for a day. I also sound funny now, even my client was laughing at the way I sound when I speak. Croaking like a toad, says mom. This led to a rather hilarious situation at work:-

I had to go downstairs to pass some documents to our company's client waiting in her car. When I got back to the office, I was rummaging my handbag for the office keys when my colleague opened the door for me.

Steffi: Eh? How did you know I was back? Wah...all prepared to open the door for me some more...
Colleague: Eh? You called to tell me that you were coming mah...
Steffi: *confused* No...I didn't call...I didn't bring my handphone today, remember?
Colleague: *face turning pale* BUT! BUT...someone called just now and said *in a low drawl* "I'm coming now..." WHO WAS THAT?!
Steffi: *thinks for a while*
Steffi: I think it's my mother...

Steffi calls mom.

Steffi: Hello?
Mom: Hello?
Steffi: Did you call just now?
Mom: Yes, I spoke to you just now wat...
Steffi: No you didn't.
Mom: I did! I told you that I'm coming now and you replied "Ok!"
Steffi: What lar you...Your own daugther's voice also you cannot recognize...that was my colleague!
Mom: Ha?! Really ah?!

See? This is what happens when you assume. What amazes me is they can both SPEAK to each other thinking that each other was ME. Oh, and as I said, the flu bug is around, so even my colleague is having flu...Maybe she DID sound like a toad croaking on the phone too.

*Sigh* I ran out of medicine and I'm still blowing my nose...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Jyrenze said...

haha.... reminds me of the time I spoke to my sisters friend on the phone. She thought I was my sister ans I thoguht she was my cousin. -_-

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Darke Shard said...

Hey, you didn't sound bad when I saw you yesterday. :D Your voice was nice!

(I'll refrain from making any naughty jokes since I've done enough last night. ^^ )

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Eng said...

how did you managed to guess that it was your mom?

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jonquina said...

Jyrenze: Hahaha, never assume...

Darke shard: It varies...sometimes it's not so bad, sometimes I really sound like a toad.

Eng: Mom usually calls at that time to tell me that she's reaching the office (it was close to 5pm)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home